Tuesday, July 26, 2011

... working out ...

i need to purchase a scale. now that i've lost a good amount of weight and am starting to feel good about how i look in clothes, i want to know how much i weigh and figure out how much more i need to lose. it's been about 3 months since i started making it part of my routine to work out but i'm still not where i want to be. i still have a pouch that needs to go and my arms need to be more toned and defined.

my girlfriend, GR, mentioned i should get a wii board because it has a scale on it and you can play wii games with it. i love that idea but haven't looked into cost and stuff. definitely on my list of things to do.

i think the hardest part of working out is just starting the workout. you can always find a spare 20 minutes to workout but actually getting up and doing it when you'd rather be doing something else is challenging. sometimes reluctantly i will get off my big butt and off the computer to get my workout in, but once i get through it, i feel so much better about myself.

i need to detox this week too. over the weekend, there was just too much eating going on. my body has become accustomed to eating healthier and so my body isn't happy with all the food (a lot of which may not have been healthy) that i ate.

we ran out of meat in the freezer... and i didn't have time to go to Costco to replenish our stockpile so i made a bowl of egg salad to make sandwiches. hubby decided that we'd get pizza for dinner and my first thought was "great, more cheese, grease and fat to consume". but i told myself that i wouldn't eat any and that i'd come back home and make myself a protein shake. i did just that! i was so freakin' proud of myself! and my body thanked me too. i can't imagine how my tummy would be feeling after a few slices of pizza. i'm hoping we go to Costco tomorrow or at least i'll make a run to the grocery store for one night's worth of dinner.

tomorrow morning, before the kiddies wake, i'll be getting my workout on and starting my day off on the right (and left) foot.

No comments:

Post a Comment