Tuesday, May 10, 2011

... working out ...

i started working out 2 weeks ago. after having the baby, i waited until after my 6 week postpartum appointment to start. i started with just basic stuff: jogging around the block a few times and doing squats and lunges at home. this past friday, i started easing my way into P90X again and on sunday, i started the 90 day program.

if it were up to me, i wouldn't work out. i am not someone who feels the need or gets excited about sweating or getting my adrenaline pumping from working out. however, my cousin is getting married on june 4th and imagining myself in lots of family pictures, i couldn't bear the thought of being frozen in time and remembered as chunky. so i'm on a mission... no one's going to give me the excuse of having a "thick" or "chunky" body because i had 3 babies. i want the opposite... i want people to say, "wow, you look great for having had 3 kids!" plus, i want a new dress and to look cute all dressed up. don't want a pretty dress with a muffin top showing or chunky fat hanging out up over a strapless dress.

today was day 3 - Shoulders & Arms of the 90 day program, although i only have 25 days until the wedding. so that means i really have to stick with it and eat healthy too. good thing there aren't any birthdays or holidays between now and then (except for Memorial day).

hoping that these posts will help me keep myself motivated to stick with it and keep track of my progress.

wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment